Friday, March 22, 2013

Lash Extensions - My Experience

best lashe extensions

Are Lash Extensions Worth It?


I get so many questions about lash extensions and so I have decided to blog about what my experience has been and what might work for you...
 
I have tried a few places to get mine done (all referral based....NEVER Groupon or somewhere random). 

  • The first place I was going was Eye Candy in Kirkland.  I thought they all did a good job, but I was not always thrilled with their customer service or the atmosphere there.  I never felt very comfortable or welcome in the salon.  They did do a good job on my lashes and they were fast and average pricing and super convenient.

before and after lash extensions
  • The next and current place I have been going is Wink Lash Extensions in Bellevue right off of Main.  I have had outstanding experiences every-time I have gone in there or whenever I have called.  I get excellent lashes, excellent customer service.  The atmosphere is inviting and clean and comfortable!!!  The owner Tova has done a fabulous job and I would highly recommend it.  The prices are the same as what I was accustomed to paying so I feel they are in line with everywhere else.  I am hooked. 

I have been getting my lashes done for over 3 years now, and the thing is they can only apply false lashes to my natural lashes so my natural lashes obviously have not fallen out.  I apply Eye Envy or Revitalash for about 2-3 weeks at a time every once in a while to strengthen my natural lashes and ensure that they keep their growth cycle.  I have had great experiences with mine.  It is a luxury and probably not one that I would be able to justify keeping up if I was not in the industry (not that I get any discounts, but I feel it is important for me to try every new trend and service so I can report to my clients).


 

I have blond hair and blond brows and blond lashes:(  So I feel like they give me just enough definition to my face that I feel great without eye makeup for the day and I look refreshed and polished right when I get up in the morning or when I'm working out!  That is what I love about them!!!



I did try a place while on vacation...my mission on every vacation is to try a local beauty service.  I thought the lashes looked good, however they itched a little.  I didn't really think much of it until I came home and went into Wink and the associate there told me they had glued one false lash to like 3-5 of my own natural lashes so they were pulling and straining the natural lash.  THIS is how you loose your natural lashes!!!!!  Be careful out there, they can go terribly wrong.  This is not an area you want to cut costs.

Another note about a very inexpensive place, Noir Lash Bar in Bellevue.  I hear they do great work, I have not been there...however they do have a policy to not fill from other lash applications.  They also make you get a new set every third visit.  I don't have time for any of that so I have never been in, but they do have low low prices and the staff is good from what I hear.

That is my experience and what I love about them.  I hope this gives you an idea of what to expect and maybe where to go.  Cheers!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment