I then watched the Miss Hooters International Pageant....they were not as graceful in thier heels and it was super noticeable!
Here is what I found out and some suggestions about how to shop for your next pair of heels!
RULES FOR HEELS
- When trying on heels you want to be able to stand in them and lift your heel out of the back of the shoe at least 1 inch. That will ensure that you are able to walk in them properly.
- When you walk, you should still be able to walk heel toe heel toe....dont bend your knees and walk flat footed...itjust looks awkward.
- If you have to wear heels for a long day, then a platform is actually much more comfortable because it is less of an angle for your foot and it has padding for the ball of your foot.
- Get the soles of the heels repaired often, it will save the shoe and keep them soft and comfortable.
- If you feel like you are slipping around on a pair of shoes....for a quick fix spray glue or hairspray works great. For a permanent fix have the soles made into a rubbery consistancy...it looks the same but is much much easier to walk in
- Get the heel cap replaced often. The sound of the nail in the bottom of the heel hitting concrete or wood is awful not to metion it will ruin your shoes and maybe someones floor. It is a cheep, quick, and easy repair. My favorite spot is Baily's Shoe Repair in Kirkland.
|Lower Heel Height no Platform Starter Heels|