Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Lash Extentions - What I really think

Full Face

Lash Extensions...to do or not to do!  Well for me they are a must, I am totally addicted!  However, having said that, they are extremely expensive and a luxury that I would probably not be able to justify if I was not in the beauty industry.


I  have been going to Eye Candy in Kirkland for over a year now, and what I love about them is that I can call almost last minute to get in (that tends to be the state of my schedule).  I don't like needing to schedule too far in advance and then have to cancel...so since they have several people there who do great work I can almost always get in with someone same day or next day.

Lashes Before
There is a new place in Bellevue that lots of people are talking about ...Noir Lash Bar.  They are very inexpensive and from what I understand they do a good job.  Here is what I found out about their system...they will do a full set of lash extensions and then after just two fill appointments they require you to take off your extensions (I guess they do it for you) and get a brand new set.  So I don't know that the cost is really that much less.  Plus if you happen to get a fill somewhere else and then come into Noir they will make you get a full new set of their lashes.  For me it is just not worth the time it takes to remove my set and get a new one.

  • New set around $75
  • Fills $40


I pay a little higher price in Kirkland for the convenience and their willingness to continue to just do fills or half fill if I am going out of town and just need a touch up.  I love that option.

  • New set around $150
  • Fill $65
  • Half Fill $35


Lashes After
So today as I am in need of almost a full new set of lashes, I have taken before and after pictures for you to see just what they look like.

I have also found out from the lash technicians that it depends a lot on your own lashes.  Often you must have good lashes for the extensions to bond and lay properly.  I don't have long natural lashes but they are fairly full and they are even so the extensions go on well.  I also get mine done very very long, because I am a "more is more" kinda girl!  I request 13 and 14 length lashes...I don't know what that refers to but I know that is how they tell the size.  Most people would do 10 and 11 for a natural look;)

As always follow me on Twitter and I will report any specails I find at any of the businesses I blog about, as well as my reviews of new places.  If you want to check out the videos reviewing or trying different products as well as "How To" Video's make sure to sign up for our You Tube Channel.


1 comment:

  1. Sequoia -

    It's Jaymie here from Eye Candy Lash Boutique in Kirkland. A little insight for you...the 13 and 14 you were referring to is the length of the lash in millimeters. I really like to rock 14 and 15mm...Glamorous! I want people to say, "Here comes Jaymie's eyelashes". Some people are a little more discreet. So, we carry lengths from 7mm - 17mm. We also have every color in the rainbow for those ladies feeling a little adventurous. Last winter we had a client who cheered on the Seahawks by adding some blue and green extensions in with the black ones. So fun!!

    ReplyDelete